San Diego mayor sexual harassment scandal: 8th accuser comes forward
SAN DIEGO (KABC) -- An eighth woman is coming forward in the sexual harassment scandal involving San Diego Mayor Bob Filner.
Lisa Curtin claims Filner cornered her after a meeting in 2011. Curtin says Filner grabbed her left hand, twirled her wedding ring, and asked if it was real. Then, he came in closer.
"I turned my head at that moment, and on the side of my face, I got a very wet, saliva-filled kiss, including feeling his tongue on my cheek," she said.
Meantime, the City Council voted unanimously to deny Filner's request for the city to pay for his legal fees.
They also authorized a cross-complaint that allows them to sue Filner for compensation if the city is found to have any liability in the case.
san diego, california news
- Mandela honored by world, South Africans
- South El Monte hospital fire triggers evacs
- Blustering winds, low temps hitting Southland
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested
- 50-acre brush fire erupts near Moorpark 19 min ago
- Informant speaks out on jail abuse probe
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- abcnews: Senate extends ban on plastic guns
- New cockroach found in NYC can withstand cold
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman trophy
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' tells 'Poppins' back story
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
39 min ago
- Pet of the Week: Beagle mix named Noelle
36 min ago