Ventura County News
Santa Paula shooting suspect surrenders to police
SANTA PAULA, Calif. (KABC) -- A Santa Paula man surrendered to police after admitting to shooting and wounding another man.
Shortly after 8 p.m. Saturday, officers with the Santa Paula Police Department received a call about a gunshot victim in the 100 block of Sonoma Lane. When investigators arrived on scene, they contacted Samuel Medina, who told officers that he had "shot someone." The 40-year-old was taken into custody.
Officers then found the victim, 21-year-old Antonio Purcallo, inside a home with a single gunshot wound to the abdomen. He was treated on scene and transported to Ventura County Medical Center.
Media was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon and taken to Ventura County Jail.
If you have any information about this incident, you're urged to contact Santa Paula police.
shooting, arrest, ventura county news
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed 19 min ago
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- Female pedestrian struck, killed in Riverside 11 min ago
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected 32 min ago
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat 19 min ago
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W 59 min ago
- Operation Crossover targets liquor thieves
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations
- abcnews: Conjoined twins see sunlight for 1st time
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Will Arnett files for divorce from Poehler