Amber Alert: Man suspected of killing woman, taking kids
SAN DIEGO (KABC) -- A disturbing discovery led to an Amber Alert on Monday. Sheriff's deputies found the bodies of a woman and a child inside a burned house in Boulevard, southeast of San Diego.
The owner of that home, 40-year-old James DiMaggio, is suspected of killing 44-year-old Christina Anderson and abducting one or both of her children.
Sheriff's investigators said that Anderson's body was found Sunday night and that she is a victim of a homicide. They did not say how she was killed.
In a burned garage was the body of a child whose identity and manner of death remain undetermined. A dog was also found dead inside the house.
Authorities wouldn't say whether the body may be one of Anderson's two children, 16-year-old Hannah and 8-year-old Ethan. An Amber Alert was issued for the children.
Authorities say DiMaggio was in a close platonic relationship with Anderson. Dimaggio is believed to be driving a blue 2013 four-door Nissan Versa with the California license plate 6WCU986.
Anyone with information was asked to call the San Diego Sheriff's Department at (858) 565-5200.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
kidnap, san diego, homicide investigation, california news
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year 16 min ago
- Man arrested in 'revenge porn' website case
- LA supervisors criticize Baca amid jail probe
- UC Riverside employee diagnosed w/ meningitis
- FBI arrest several alleged MS-13 gang members
- $50K reward announced in murder of 7-year-old
- Bell moving forward after Spaccia conviction
- Auto thefts up in CA after realignment -study
- abcnews: Woman claws way out of locked bathroom 11 min ago
- Bipartisan negotiators reach modest budget deal
- Eastern snowstorm brings closures, delays
- US Navy sailor surprises family on ABC comedy
- Gabor Xmas party to go on amid spending fight
- OTRC: Kate Winslet, Ned RocknRoll welcome baby