Los Angeles News
Man took photos up skirts of young girls at Topanga mall - police
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The search is on for a man who police say took photos under the skirts of several young girls at the Topanga mall.
The incidents happened at the Westfield Topanga Plaza on July 20. The LAPD says a 7-year-old girl was standing in line at the food court with her mother, when the suspect pointed a small camera at her dress. The girl's mother saw what he was doing and scared him off.
"When the mom actually followed the suspect, she also noticed he was taking photos of other teenage girls within that same facility. So this person was doing this numerous times that day," said LAPD Officer Jerretta Sandoz.
The man left the mall before security guards could apprehend him. He was captured on surveillance. Police describe him as a white male with light brown hair, between 60-and 70-years-old, 5 feet 3 inches to 5 feet 6 inches tall and 140 to 160 pounds. He was wearing a yellow shirt, glasses and carrying a brown backpack.
Westfield spokeswoman Catherine Dickey issued a statement about the incident.
"Westfield takes the safety of our customers very seriously and security is always a priority. The matter to which you refer is under active investigation by the police department and Westfield is cooperating fully with investigators," she said.
Anyone with information about the suspect or any other incidents is asked to call the LAPD at 1-877-LAPD-247.
los angeles news, amy powell
- OC school bus crash: Several injuries reported 14 min ago
- Big-rig crash shuts down 210 Fwy, Gold Line
- Protesters commemorate Armenian Genocide
- Metro votes to keep ExpressLanes program
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Ferry death toll at 175; families outraged
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- Obama: Asia-Pacific trade deal not in danger
- Olivia Wilde, Jason Sudeikis welcome baby boy
- OTRC: Beyonce on '100 Most Influential People' cover
- Compton aerial surveillance provokes backlash
26 min ago