Los Angeles News
LA City Councilman Jose Huizar accused of sexual harassment
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A former aide is accusing Los Angeles City Councilman Jose Huizar of sexual harassment.
Huizar is the target of a complaint by a former aide. The complaint was filed by his former deputy chief of staff, Francine Godoy.
In the workplace discrimination and sexual harassment complaint, Godoy says she was subjected to retaliation when she fended off sexual advances by Huizar.
"The councilmember is surprised by the claim," said Rick Coca, Huizar's spokesperson, on Monday. "He strongly and emphatically denies the assertions made in the claim sent to the City and intends to fully cooperate with the City in any investigation of this matter."
The complaint says the most recent discrimination took place on April 21. That's about the time Godoy reportedly left her job with Huizar's office.
Michael Eisenberg, Godoy's attorney, said Tuesday: "We have not yet filed a lawsuit so we are holding off on comments for the time being."
L.A. City Council President Herb Wesson convened a panel that will investigate the allegations.
Huizar did not address the issue in City Council chambers Tuesday.
los angeles news
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Men w/ stolen passports on jet 'not terrorists' 44 min ago
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat 38 min ago
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
35 min ago