Orange County News
Great white shark spotted near San Clemente Pier
DANA POINT, Calif. (KABC) -- People taking a whale watching tour in Orange County got treated to an unexpected treat when they spotted a great white shark.
The sighting was on Friday at 2:30 p.m. about two miles away from the San Clemente Pier.
Dana Wharf Whale Watching Capt. Chris Pica says the young great white was about 8 to 10 feet long. He also said sharks don't normally stick around when boats approach, but this one kept coming back for a closer look.
animal news, orange county news
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Los Angeles Marathon 2014 street closures 54 min ago
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land 22 min ago
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video