David Cassidy arrested for drunk driving
SCHODACK, N.Y. (KABC) -- David Cassidy, best known for his role in the 1970s musical sitcom "The Partridge Family," was arrested in upstate New York for driving under the influence.
The 63-year-old was stopped by officers on drunken driving detail with the Schodack Police Department shortly after midnight Wednesday.
Cassidy was arrested for driving while intoxicated and failing to dim his headlights. Tests showed his blood-alcohol content at .10, higher than the state's legal limit of .08.
Cassidy was arraigned and remanded to Rensselaer County Jail in lieu of $2,500 bail. The former teen heartthrob is scheduled to return to court on Sept. 4.
The charge is a felony because Cassidy has a 2011 conviction for driving under the influence in Florida. He lives in Fort Lauderdale but is staying in upstate New York for a racing meet in Saratoga.
celebrity, dui, arrest, entertainment
- Missing jet flew for 6+ hrs after contact drop
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Woman, horse rescued at Angeles Nat'l Forest
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Green cars for rent at niche LA-based company
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report