David Cassidy arrested for drunk driving
SCHODACK, N.Y. (KABC) -- David Cassidy, best known for his role in the 1970s musical sitcom "The Partridge Family," was arrested in upstate New York for driving under the influence.
The 63-year-old was stopped by officers on drunken driving detail with the Schodack Police Department shortly after midnight Wednesday.
Cassidy was arrested for driving while intoxicated and failing to dim his headlights. Tests showed his blood-alcohol content at .10, higher than the state's legal limit of .08.
Cassidy was arraigned and remanded to Rensselaer County Jail in lieu of $2,500 bail. The former teen heartthrob is scheduled to return to court on Sept. 4.
The charge is a felony because Cassidy has a 2011 conviction for driving under the influence in Florida. He lives in Fort Lauderdale but is staying in upstate New York for a racing meet in Saratoga.
celebrity, dui, arrest, entertainment
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- South Korea ferry sinks; 2 dead, 14 injured
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments