Inland Empire News
Person of interest sought in Victorville store murder
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (KABC) -- Investigators released surveillance video of a person of interest in a Victorville murder case. Daniel Olivera was fatally shot while working at an AM-PM Mini-Mart on August 11.
Authorities say the fatal shooting happened at about 10:40 p.m. on August 11 outside an AM/PM in the 15700 block of Roy Rogers Drive. The victim, identified as 26-year-old Daniel Raul Olivera of Hesperia, was talking to a security guard after just leaving his shift when he was gunned down. He was declared dead at the scene.
Thursday the victim's family pleaded for help finding that person.
Janet Cruz was engaged to be married to the victim, 26-year-old Olivera, a father of four. But 11 days ago Olivera was gunned down moments after finishing his shift as a store clerk.
"On that day I lose my partner, my best friend, my everything, the dad of my kids," said Cruz at a Thursday news conference.
"There's no words that can express what they took from me," said Rosie Coronilla, the victim's mother.
Police say they still don't have any suspects, but they are interested in talking with one man depicted on store surveillance video about 40 minutes before the shooting.
The man walked up to the store and was stopped by the security guard and told to wait because the clerk was counting cash, and they didn't want anyone else in the store.
Police say the man got angry and tried to push his way inside. He then had words with the security guard and eventually walked away.
Forty minutes later Olivera, who happens to be outside the store talking with the security guard, was shot and killed.
Police aren't saying the man in the video is the shooter, but they want to speak with him. He was driving a white Toyota Tacoma pickup truck.
Thursday, the family asked the public for help identifying the man.
"I'm just please again asking: everybody to just call in, we need more leads, we need to figure out what happened, who did this," said Janet Cruz.
"Anything, a name, a number, anything, please, please come forward," said the victim's mother.
The footage shows a white male with short hair driving a white, 2009-2013 Toyota Tacoma 4 Door truck with "TRD Racing Development" stickers on both rear quarter-panels and an unknown white sticker in the lower right rear window.
Additionally, ARCO is offering a reward up to $10,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible for the murder of Daniel Olivera.
If you know the identity of the person of interest, or have information related to the case, call the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department at (909) 387-3589.
shooting, san bernardino county, homicide investigation, murder, inland empire news, rob mcmillan
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Secret Service probing Target security breach 37 min ago
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point 47 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds
- Fundraiser held for Corona football player
48 min ago