4.2-magnitude earthquake strikes near Kern County town of Weldon
WELDON, KERN COUNTY (KABC) -- An earthquake with a magnitude of 4.2 shook the Weldon area in Kern County on Sunday.
According to the U.S. Geological Survey, the quake struck at 11:50 a.m. about 12 miles south-southeast of Weldon and had a depth of less than a mile.
Nine minutes later, a 3.6-magnitude aftershock rattled the same area.
Some Eyewitness News viewers on Twitter said they felt the quakes. One viewer said she felt shaking in Bakersfield.
There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries.
earthquake, earthquake center
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected 6 min ago
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds