4.2-magnitude earthquake strikes near Kern County town of Weldon
WELDON, KERN COUNTY (KABC) -- An earthquake with a magnitude of 4.2 shook the Weldon area in Kern County on Sunday.
According to the U.S. Geological Survey, the quake struck at 11:50 a.m. about 12 miles south-southeast of Weldon and had a depth of less than a mile.
Nine minutes later, a 3.6-magnitude aftershock rattled the same area.
Some Eyewitness News viewers on Twitter said they felt the quakes. One viewer said she felt shaking in Bakersfield.
There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries.
earthquake, earthquake center
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street 4 min ago
- Lancaster fight leads to double stabbing
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere