Inland Empire News
Hemet high school vice principal pleads guilty to sex charges
HEMET, Calif. (KABC) -- A former Hemet high school vice principal has pleaded guilty to three felony counts of sexual contact with underage male students.
Erin Henton, 45, admitted to statutory rape and was sentenced to a year in jail and three years probation Monday. Eleven other felony counts were dropped following a plea deal.
Henton, a former assistant principal at Tahquitz High School, was initially facing seven counts of unlawful sex with a minor, four counts of oral copulation and one count sending harmful or inappropriate material to a minor electronically.
On Monday, a judge also ordered her to attend sex addiction therapy and register as a sex offender.
Prosecutors say the crimes involved three male students at her school, over the course of a six-month period, starting in 2012.
arrest, sex crimes, inland empire news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 3-car crash
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well 5 min ago
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role
- Malibu whales caught on drone camera
40 min ago