Inland Empire News
Off-duty Los Angeles deputies arrested for firing guns negligently
CHINO, Calif. (KABC) -- Two off-duty Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department deputies were arrested after they shot their guns into the air at a Chino campground following a dispute.
Chino police officers were called to Prado Regional Park campgrounds in the 16000 block of Euclid Avenue at about 1:32 a.m. Sunday. A caller reported a disturbance and gunshots heard at the park.
Officials say 44-year-old DeJay Barber of Mira Loma and 24-year-old Matthew Rincon of Ontario had been camping at separate campsites when they got into a verbal argument. During the investigation, the two were found to be off-duty deputies with the L.A. County Sheriff's Department.
Authorities say the two discharged their handguns into the air in a negligent manner. It's unclear if there were other campers nearby. The deputies were apparently arguing over loud music.
Both were arrested and transported to the Chino Police Department and released to the L.A. County Sheriff's Department.
If you have any information about this incident, you're urged to contact the Chino Police Department at (909) 628-1234.
arrest, shooting, san bernardino county, los angeles county sheriff's department, inland empire news
- Pedestrian hit, killed on I-5 in Downey area 7 min ago
- 2 dead after car plows into crowd near SXSW
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine
- Bell trial: Rizzo's sentencing postponed
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Colorado River Board of CA discusses drought
- Malaysia: No debris at spot on China images
- abcnews: Amazon accused of cheating on free shipping 2 min ago
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
47 min ago