ABC7 Traffic Center
Fatal crash shuts down 91 Freeway in Bellflower
BELLFLOWER, Calif. (KABC) -- A multi-vehicle accident on the eastbound 91 Freeway in Bellflower left one person dead and shut down all lanes of traffic on Thursday.
Authorities say three vehicles were involved in the crash, which happened just before 4 a.m. All traffic was diverted off at Lakewood Boulevard.
One person, identified only as a man in his 40s, was declared dead at the scene. Another person was rushed to a local hospital in critical condition.
California Highway Patrol officers were able to open two eastbound lanes to allow traffic through at about 6 a.m. All lanes were reopened just after 7 a.m. Although westbound lanes were not closed, traffic was backed up for miles due to drivers slowing to look at the accident scene.
accident, traffic delay, abc7 traffic center
- Boston Marathon runners show resilience 6 min ago
- Ambulance crash: 4 injured in Signal Hill
- Viewing to be held for LA police officer 7 min ago
- S.Korea ferry crew actions were 'murderous'
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- Alleged arsonist Tased by police in Hollywood
- Compton big rig crash leaves woman dead 58 min ago
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Car bursts into flames in lion habitat
- Hyun-Jin Ryu raises money for ferry victims
- 3 new Hollywood sex abuse lawsuits expected
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
39 min ago
- more: Get personalized traffic reports and alerts
- map: Traffic view of areas north and west of L.A.
- map: Traffic view of areas east of L.A.
- map: Traffic view of Orange County
- map: Traffic view of the Inland Empire
- map: Traffic view of Ventura County
- map: Traffic view of 101/405 Interchange
- map: Traffic view of 5/10 Interchange
- map: Traffic view of San Diego County