ABC7 Traffic Center
Fatal crash shuts down 91 Freeway in Bellflower
BELLFLOWER, Calif. (KABC) -- A multi-vehicle accident on the eastbound 91 Freeway in Bellflower left one person dead and shut down all lanes of traffic on Thursday.
Authorities say three vehicles were involved in the crash, which happened just before 4 a.m. All traffic was diverted off at Lakewood Boulevard.
One person, identified only as a man in his 40s, was declared dead at the scene. Another person was rushed to a local hospital in critical condition.
California Highway Patrol officers were able to open two eastbound lanes to allow traffic through at about 6 a.m. All lanes were reopened just after 7 a.m. Although westbound lanes were not closed, traffic was backed up for miles due to drivers slowing to look at the accident scene.
accident, traffic delay, abc7 traffic center
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies 32 min ago
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Woman gives $500 to friend who's a single mom 37 min ago
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)
- more: Get personalized traffic reports and alerts
- map: Traffic view of areas north and west of L.A.
- map: Traffic view of areas east of L.A.
- map: Traffic view of Orange County
- map: Traffic view of the Inland Empire
- map: Traffic view of Ventura County
- map: Traffic view of 101/405 Interchange
- map: Traffic view of 5/10 Interchange
- map: Traffic view of San Diego County