Los Angeles News
Dead baby found in South El Monte trash can
SOUTH EL MONTE, Calif. (KABC) -- The body of an infant was found in a trash can in South El Monte Thursday night.
The gruesome discovery was made around 6 p.m. after detectives said they got a call from doctors at a local hospital.
Investigators said a young woman walked into the hospital and was bleeding profusely. Doctors became suspicious and started asking the woman some questions. That's when the woman broke down and told them she just had a baby and discarded its body in front of her apartment.
Authorities rushed out to the corner of Chico Avenue and Fern Street, where they found the body inside a trash can. It's unclear if the woman had a stillborn birth or if the baby was killed.
"We're trying to figure out several things -- how the infant died, if there's any criminal intent on anybody's part, how the infant was placed there, if there's any connection to this home to whichever parents, and who may or may not be culpable depending on the circumstances that we learn after the autopsy," said Lt. Jeff Leslie with the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.
body found, los angeles news, q mccray
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed 56 min ago
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks