Los Angeles News
Shots reportedly fired at police helicopter
BELLFLOWER, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspect reportedly fired shots in the air toward a police helicopter in Bellflower Wednesday, prompting a heavy police response.
Authorities responded to a report of shots fired in the area of Lakewood Boulevard and Cedar Street at about 1:15 p.m.
A male suspect surrendered just before 2 p.m., exiting a house in the neighborhood with his hands up. He was seen being taken into custody.
shooting, los angeles news
- Car rally to be held in honor of Paul Walker
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains 53 min ago
- OC crash kills 4; alcohol, speed suspected
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- Rancho Santa Margarita crash leaves 5 injured 34 min ago
- Salvation Army bell-ringer breaks record in IE
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Mandela's family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest 12 min ago
- Auction features items from Nancy Drew author
- Photos: Taylor Swift's most beautiful looks