Los Angeles News
Long Beach officer-involved shooting under investigation
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities are investigating an officer-involved shooting in Long Beach on Saturday.
The shooting happened just before 6 p.m. at 2nd Street and Park Avenue in the Belmont Heights neighborhood.
According to Long Beach police, officers responded to the 200 block of Park Avenue regarding a call about an unwelcomed person. When they arrived, officers made contact with the unwelcomed man, and an officer-involved shooting occurred, police said.
The unidentified man was struck. He was transported to a local hospital where he was listed in stable condition.
Police said they recovered a handgun at the scene.
No officers were injured.
officer-involved shooting, long beach, los angeles news
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood 31 min ago
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Crimean, Russian politicians talk referendum 44 min ago
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus' Twitter jabs at Katy Perry