Orange County News
AT&T store in Laguna Niguel robbed; 2 arrested
IRVINE, Calif. (KABC) -- Two men have been arrested in connection with an armed robbery at an AT&T store in Laguna Niguel on Sunday.
According to the Orange County Sheriff's Department, two suspects stole a Toyota sedan in Laguna Hills and then drove to Laguna Niguel, where they robbed cellphones and iPads from an AT&T store in the 27000 block of La Paz Road.
Authorities say a silver handgun was used during the robbery. The stolen vehicle was recovered near the scene of the robbery.
The suspects, identified as Timothy Lavert Bates, 25, of Los Angeles, and Albert Fletcher Brown, Jr., 26, of Hillcrest, were tracked down at the Mariners Church in Irvine and arrested about 30 minutes after the robbery. The church was evacuated.
The investigation is ongoing. Police are trying to determine if there are additional suspects. Anyone with information is urged to call Orange County Crime Stoppers at (855) TIP-OCCS.
robbery, orange county news
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax 3 min ago
- South Korea ferry sinks; 2 dead, 14 injured 19 min ago
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- Google Glass raises public privacy concerns
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments