Orange County News
AT&T store in Laguna Niguel robbed; 2 arrested
IRVINE, Calif. (KABC) -- Two men have been arrested in connection with an armed robbery at an AT&T store in Laguna Niguel on Sunday.
According to the Orange County Sheriff's Department, two suspects stole a Toyota sedan in Laguna Hills and then drove to Laguna Niguel, where they robbed cellphones and iPads from an AT&T store in the 27000 block of La Paz Road.
Authorities say a silver handgun was used during the robbery. The stolen vehicle was recovered near the scene of the robbery.
The suspects, identified as Timothy Lavert Bates, 25, of Los Angeles, and Albert Fletcher Brown, Jr., 26, of Hillcrest, were tracked down at the Mariners Church in Irvine and arrested about 30 minutes after the robbery. The church was evacuated.
The investigation is ongoing. Police are trying to determine if there are additional suspects. Anyone with information is urged to call Orange County Crime Stoppers at (855) TIP-OCCS.
robbery, orange county news
- Mandela honored by world, South Africans 2 min ago
- South El Monte hospital fire triggers evacs
- Blustering winds, low temps hitting Southland 9 min ago
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested
- 50-acre brush fire erupts near Moorpark
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- Hesperia house fire started in gas fireplace
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Mary Barra becomes 1st female CEO of GM
- abcnews: Senate extends ban on plastic guns
- How healthy is flavoring up your water?
- Lamar Odom pleads no contest to DUI charge 19 min ago
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' tells 'Poppins' back story
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus is MTV's Artist of the Year