Los Angeles News
Driver dies after slamming into Metro bus in North Hollywood
NORTH HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A driver who slammed into a Metro bus in North Hollywood died Monday, and several others on the bus were injured.
Authorities say the accident happened just before 3 p.m. at Saticoy Street and Laurel Canyon Boulevard. The vehicle rear-ended the transit bus, which was carrying approximately 20 passengers.
The driver of the vehicle that struck the bus was declared dead at the scene. He has only been identified as an elderly man.
At least five others, including one adult and four children, were hospitalized for minor injuries.
The cause of the crash has not yet been determined, but police are investigating whether the driver of the car had some kind of medical issue because there were no skid marks.
accident, north hollywood, los angeles news
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully 21 min ago
- S. Korean ferry's slow evacuation probed
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect 17 min ago
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)