Orange County News
Orange Coast College indecent exposure suspect arrested
COSTA MESA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 20-year-old Irvine man was arrested for allegedly exposing himself to a woman at Orange Coast College.
Authorities say Patrick Balahan approached an 18-year-old female student on Thursday near her parked car in the parking lot off Merrimac Way. According to OCC security, the male told her he was conducting a survey but subsequently began asking her sexually explicit questions just before exposing his genitals to her.
Shortly after this incident, OCC security and Costa Mesa police officers detained Balahan in a parking lot in the 2000 block of Fairview Road.
When officers questioned Balahan, he claimed he was a student at the college. He admitted he had contacted and questioned the female earlier in the evening, but he denied exposing himself.
Balahan was arrested and booked at the Costa Mesa Police Department jail.
Police say OCC security have a list of female students who previously encountered a male on campus matching Balahan's description. No other details were released.
arrest, school, orange county news
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat 14 min ago
- 2 LAPD officers injured in West L.A. crash
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks