Ventura County News
Port Hueneme hit-and-run crash: Man dead, driver sought
PORT HUENEME, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities in Port Hueneme are looking for a driver wanted in a deadly hit-and-run crash.
Port Hueneme police say the vehicle took off after striking a pedestrian in the eastbound lanes of Channel Islands Boulevard at Wheelhouse Avenue shortly before 1:30 a.m. Saturday.
The victim, identified as 22-year-old Phillip Taylor Valentine, was transported to Ventura County Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.
The suspect's car is a 2007 to 2009 light-colored Toyota Camry. Police say the car has front-end damage and is missing the front emblem and lower front bumper plastic grill.
Anyone with information about this case was asked to contact Sgt. Eric Starna with the Port Hueneme Police Department at (805) 986-6629.
hit and run, ventura county news
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack 15 min ago
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- Cat rescued from 91 Fwy divider in Riverside 27 min ago
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer 11 min ago
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- New Toyota Highlander carries on legacy
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video