Ventura County News
Port Hueneme hit-and-run crash: Man dead, driver sought
PORT HUENEME, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities in Port Hueneme are looking for a driver wanted in a deadly hit-and-run crash.
Port Hueneme police say the vehicle took off after striking a pedestrian in the eastbound lanes of Channel Islands Boulevard at Wheelhouse Avenue shortly before 1:30 a.m. Saturday.
The victim, identified as 22-year-old Phillip Taylor Valentine, was transported to Ventura County Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.
The suspect's car is a 2007 to 2009 light-colored Toyota Camry. Police say the car has front-end damage and is missing the front emblem and lower front bumper plastic grill.
Anyone with information about this case was asked to contact Sgt. Eric Starna with the Port Hueneme Police Department at (805) 986-6629.
hit and run, ventura county news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona 52 min ago
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled 9 min ago
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- 4.6-magnitude Mexico quake felt in SoCal
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis