Los Angeles News
Bell doctor arrested for sexual assault
BELL, Calif. (KABC) -- A Bell doctor was arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting a female patient during a medical exam at his clinic.
Dr. Edgar Lluncor is suspected of assaulting the victim at his facility located on the 4200 block of Florence Avenue.
The victim, who sought the care of Dr. Lluncor for stomach pain, reported the assault. That's when detectives contacted the California Medical Board and learned of two additional similar complaints filed against the doctor.
After investigating patients' medical records and conducting interviews, detectives determined Dr. Lluncor's actions were an extreme departure of medical care.
He was arrested on Oct. 23 and booked into the Bell City Jail for penetration with a foreign object.
He has since posted $100,000 bail but is due for arraignment at Norwalk Superior Court in November.
If convicted, he faces up to 8 years in state prison and removal of his medical license.
Llunocr didn't want to comment for our story, but we talked to his attorney, Roger Shafer, who says neither he nor Lluncor have seen any police reports, medical board complaints or other documentation. Shafer said that the doctor plans to fight the allegations and continue to practice at his clinic.
Police say there may be other victims. Anyone with information or who may have been victimized by Dr. Lluncor was urged to contact Detective Rodrigo Rodarte of the Bell Police Department at (323) 585-1245.
arrest, sex crimes, sexual assault, los angeles news, rudabeh shahbazi
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks