Orange County News
Baby born on side of 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A baby was born early Wednesday morning in an unusual place - the side of the 5 Freeway!
It happened around 12:40 a.m. on the southbound freeway shoulder near the SR-22 connector in Santa Ana. The woman's husband was rushing her to the hospital when she just couldn't hold off any longer.
A veteran California Highway Patrol officer responded to the call. By the time he arrived, the bundle of joy had already been born and was sitting on mom's lap.
The officer called this a first for him in his 17 years on the job.
Both mom and baby were taken to the hospital and are said to be doing just fine.
City News Service contributed to this report.
orange county news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen 48 min ago
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled 44 min ago
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt 40 min ago
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- Woman assaulted near Pizza Hut in Lancaster
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- Luxury-grade SUVs increasingly popular
8 min ago