Orange County News
Villa Park High wrestling coach arrested for choke hold on student
ORANGE, Calif. (KABC) -- A high school wrestling coach was arrested in Orange Wednesday, accused of felony battery on a student.
Orange County sheriff's deputies arrested 26-year-old Emmanuel Hugo Hernandez, who works as a "walk-on" wrestling coach at Villa Park High School.
Investigators say that during afternoon practice, he put a member of the team in an unauthorized choke hold. He allegedly ignored the victim's attempt to tell him to stop, causing him to lose consciousness.
He is also accused of punching the victim in the head several times, causing a visible injury near the right ear.
Authorities say Hernandez immediately left the school, while the victim was taken to a local hospital. He was taken into custody at his residence in the city of Orange.
Hernandez was booked at the Orange County Jail on $100,000 bail.
arrest, school, orange county news
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash 14 min ago
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing 35 min ago
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Oxnard residents burglarize home 21 min ago
- Palms apartment fire: Woman found dead
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder 39 min ago
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail 29 min ago
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan 45 min ago
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months