Maksim Chmerkovskiy to guest judge on 'Dancing With The Stars'
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A "Dancing With The Stars" favorite is returning to the ballroom for the semi-final competition of season 17. Maksim Chmerkovskiy will act as guest judge next week.
Chmerkovskiy will join the regular trio of judges - Carrie Ann Inaba, Len Goodman and Bruno Tonioli.
He has not competed for the past several seasons, but the outspoken dancer is sure to bring his unique brand of critique during the intense semi-final competition on Monday, Nov. 18.
The episode will feature the show's first-ever "plugged/unplugged" night. The couples will have to perform two different versions of the same song.
In the first round, the couples will perform either a Jazz, Paso Doble, Cha Cha or Tango routine to the original "plugged" version of their selected song. In the second round, the couples will perform either a Viennese Waltz, Argentine Tango or Rumba routine to an acoustic or "unplugged" version of that same song.
One couple will face elimination at the end of the night.
dancing with the stars, television, celebrity, entertainment
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years 47 min ago
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video