Inland Empire News
Pomona man killed in Montclair shooting
MONTCLAIR, Calif. (KABC) -- A Pomona man was fatally shot in the Montclair area Friday afternoon. Authorities are now asking for the public's help in finding the gunman.
Deputies from the Fontana sheriff's station responded to the 11300 block of Kingston Court after receiving reports of shots heard and a male down around 4:15 p.m. When they arrived, deputies found 20-year-old Robert Camacho suffering from apparent gunshot wounds. Camacho was transported to a nearby hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Investigators with the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department say they have determined that the victim and others were standing near a playground at an area park when the gunman approached and fired at them. It's not known if the victim was the intended target. Officials say there were children on the playground when the shots were fired.
No information about the suspect has been released.
Anyone with information about this case was asked to contact Det. Bryan Zierdt or Sgt. Trevis Newport at (909) 387-3589. People wishing to remain anonymous were asked to call the We-Tip hotline at (800) 78-CRIME.
shooting, homicide investigation, san bernardino county, inland empire news
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Perris pastor arrested for rape of minor
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Azusa cheerleader dies from rare lung cancer 16 min ago
- Tweet lands 20-yr-old Los Angeles man in jail
- Lancaster pellet gun vandalism: 3 arrested
- 4 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- CA couple allegedly left child in car to gamble
- Malaysia plane disappearance deliberate? 6 min ago
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)