Inland Empire News
Pomona man killed in Montclair shooting
MONTCLAIR, Calif. (KABC) -- A Pomona man was fatally shot in the Montclair area Friday afternoon. Authorities are now asking for the public's help in finding the gunman.
Deputies from the Fontana sheriff's station responded to the 11300 block of Kingston Court after receiving reports of shots heard and a male down around 4:15 p.m. When they arrived, deputies found 20-year-old Robert Camacho suffering from apparent gunshot wounds. Camacho was transported to a nearby hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Investigators with the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department say they have determined that the victim and others were standing near a playground at an area park when the gunman approached and fired at them. It's not known if the victim was the intended target. Officials say there were children on the playground when the shots were fired.
No information about the suspect has been released.
Anyone with information about this case was asked to contact Det. Bryan Zierdt or Sgt. Trevis Newport at (909) 387-3589. People wishing to remain anonymous were asked to call the We-Tip hotline at (800) 78-CRIME.
shooting, homicide investigation, san bernardino county, inland empire news
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- Operation Crossover targets liquor thieves
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations 29 min ago
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break