Paul Walker autopsy results: Actor died from impact, fire in crash
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Los Angeles County Department of Medical Examiner-Coroner on Wednesday released autopsy results detailing Paul Walker's cause of death following a fiery car crash in Valencia.
According to the autopsy report, which was completed on Tuesday, Walker was a passenger in the Porsche Carrera GT and died from "effects of traumatic and thermal injuries."
The driver, 38-year-old Roger Rodas, succumbed to "multiple traumatic injuries," the report concluded.
The coroner's office told ABC News that two different doctors performed the autopsies. They found that Rodas died on impact, with Walker dying "maybe" a few seconds after from the combined effects of the impact and the fire.
Toxicology results on both men are expected in six to eight weeks. The deaths were ruled an accident by the coroner.
Walker, 40, and Rodas, were killed on Saturday in the crash near Rye Canyon Loop and Kelly Johnson Parkway.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation, but officials said the vehicle was likely speeding.
On Tuesday, new video of the crash surfaced. The surveillance footage apparently taken from a building rooftop showed a tree and light pole collapsing during impact.
Meanwhile, a makeshift memorial at the crash site continues to grow as friends and fans visit to pay their respects. Walker's recurring role in the "Fast and Furious" movie franchise helped catapult him to stardom.
Walker is survived by his 15-year-old daughter, Meadow.
celebrity, famous death, car crash, santa clarita valley, entertainment
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen 40 min ago
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- 4.3-magnitude earthquake strikes Kern County
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour