Inland Empire News
Man arrested viewing child porn on restaurant Wi-Fi
MENIFEE, Calif. (KABC) -- A 72-year-old man was arrested Monday for possessing and viewing child pornography at a restaurant in Menifee, the Riverside County Sheriff's Department said.
Menifee officers responded to a report of an elderly man viewing child pornography on a laptop computer at a restaurant at the Menifee Countryside Marketplace on Monday. Deputies contacted the suspect in the restaurant and confirmed he was viewing child pornography using the restaurant's open Wi-Fi system, the department said.
An investigation and a search of the man's residence uncovered the man's possession of numerous digital photographs of young male children. The suspect was identified as Charles Turton Cook.
Cook was booked for possession of child pornography. He was held on $5,000 bail.
Anyone with additional information regarding this investigation is encouraged to contact Master Investigator John Powers, at the Menifee Police Department by calling (951) 210-1000, or by email to PerrisStation@RiversideSheriff.org
arrest, sex crimes, technology, inland empire news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead 9 min ago
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought 28 min ago
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy near Torrance 16 min ago
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- Ohio couple married 70 yrs die 15 hours apart
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite 11 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour