Inland Empire News
Man arrested viewing child porn on restaurant Wi-Fi
MENIFEE, Calif. (KABC) -- A 72-year-old man was arrested Monday for possessing and viewing child pornography at a restaurant in Menifee, the Riverside County Sheriff's Department said.
Menifee officers responded to a report of an elderly man viewing child pornography on a laptop computer at a restaurant at the Menifee Countryside Marketplace on Monday. Deputies contacted the suspect in the restaurant and confirmed he was viewing child pornography using the restaurant's open Wi-Fi system, the department said.
An investigation and a search of the man's residence uncovered the man's possession of numerous digital photographs of young male children. The suspect was identified as Charles Turton Cook.
Cook was booked for possession of child pornography. He was held on $5,000 bail.
Anyone with additional information regarding this investigation is encouraged to contact Master Investigator John Powers, at the Menifee Police Department by calling (951) 210-1000, or by email to PerrisStation@RiversideSheriff.org
arrest, sex crimes, technology, inland empire news
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- LB mayoral candidate mailer wrongly shows SD
- Benjamin Netanyahu discusses Iran at LA event
- San Clemente HS lockdown lifted after threat
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Moorpark school lockdown: Suspect arrested
- Parents, daughter accused in $7M shoplifting spree
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Bitcoin exchange CEO's death ruled 'unnatural'
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
5 min ago