Orange County News
Man buys 2 winning lotto tickets worth over $50 million in Los Alamitos
LOS ALAMITOS, Calif. (KABC) -- A man who purchased two winning Lotto tickets from the same Los Alamitos store has come forward.
The California Lottery said Racy Pel purchased a ticket worth $50 million, and another worth $32,000, all in the same transaction at Finish Line Food Store.
Pel says he's been buying the same sets of tickets for six years. The numbers for the winning tickets were a combination of anniversaries, birthdays and lucky numbers.
Pel says he is going to buy a new car with his newfound fortune because his has a tendency to break down on the way to work.
Meantime, Lottery officials say a San Jose resident who won $324 million in last Tuesday's Mega Millions jackpot has yet to come forward.
lottery, orange county news
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles 27 min ago
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal 5 min ago
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 4.3-magnitude earthquake strikes Kern County 49 min ago
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea 53 min ago
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested 55 min ago
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour