Dodgers' Yasiel Puig arrested for reckless driving in Florida
NAPLES, Fla. (KABC) -- Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig was arrested on Saturday for reckless driving in Florida, officials confirmed.
The Florida Highway Patrol says the 23-year-old athlete was caught driving 110 mph in a 70 mph zone along a stretch of Alligator Alley in Collier County at 9:30 a.m. ET.
Puig was in a 2013 Mercedes-Benz at the time of his arrest at Mile Marker 99 between Naples and Fort Lauderdale. FHP says Puig fully cooperated with troopers. He has reportedly since been released.
Puig was also charged in April for reckless driving in Tennessee. Police clocked him going 97 mph in a 50 mph zone. Puig was still in the minors at the time. The charges were dismissed in November after Puig completed community service in Los Angeles.
Dodgers spokesman Joe Jareck declined to comment on Puig's latest arrest.
Puig was called up to the Dodgers in June and helped lead the team to the playoffs.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
los angeles dodgers, arrest, celebrity, sports
- Ambulance crash: 4 injured in Signal Hill
- S.Korea ferry crew actions were 'murderous'
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- Alleged arsonist Tased by police in Hollywood
- Compton big rig crash leaves woman dead 36 min ago
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Car bursts into flames in lion habitat
- Hyun-Jin Ryu raises money for ferry victims
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
17 min ago