Ventura County News
Woman, man dead in possible Simi Valley murder-suicide
SIMI VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- A man and woman were killed in what police are calling a possible murder-suicide in Simi Valley on Saturday.
Police say they were called to a home in the 2400 block of East Woodrow Avenue just after 1:30 p.m. The woman was found dead, and the man was found with what appeared to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound, police said. He was taken to a nearby hospital where he later died, police said.
Though the investigation is in the early stages, police say the incident appears to be a murder-suicide. Police say they recovered a weapon at the home.
Cmdr. David Livingstone with Simi Valley police said they are not looking for any outstanding suspects.
Police say there were four children living in the home. They are all safe and are being placed in protective care, police said.
A motive for the crime remains unknown, and the exact relationship between the man and woman has not been determined, according to police.
shooting, ventura county news
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood 28 min ago
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February 39 min ago
- Crimean, Russian politicians talk referendum 9 min ago
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion 46 min ago
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter