Covered California: Some payment deadlines extended to Jan. 15
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- People who signed up for Covered California now have more time to pay their first premium.
The state has extended the payment deadline to Jan. 15 for coverage that began Jan. 1.
A surge of people signed up for insurance late last year. Many of them are having trouble getting an invoice from their insurance company or are having trouble paying the bill online.
More than 400,000 people are signed up for Covered California insurance policies.
health, health care, health insurance, california news
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- Malaysia air force: Jet may have turned back
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book