Los Angeles News
Recycling plant catches fire in Commerce
COMMERCE, Calif. (KABC) -- A paper recycling plant in Commerce erupted in flames Sunday, according to the Los Angeles County Fire Department.
The incident occurred on the 2800 block of Vail Avenue at 1:06 a.m.
Massive flames and plumes of smoke rose over the building. Firefighters used foam to put out the blaze.
No injuries were reported.
Fire crews remained on scene Sunday morning, checking the building and monitoring for any flare-ups.
No information on what started the blaze has been released.
fire, los angeles news
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon 10 min ago
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 37 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon 25 min ago
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- CIA improperly searched network, says senator
- Japan tsunami disasters: 3rd anniversary
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- OTRC: Taylor Swift: Billboard's No. 1 money maker 17 min ago
- New technology monitors pet fitness
48 min ago