Albertsons closing 11 stores in Southern California
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Albertsons has announced that it is closing 11 of its stores in Southern California.
The stores are expected to be closed by Feb. 20 because they are underperforming.
"While the decision to close a store is difficult -- given the impact on associates and customers -- Albertsons has a responsibility to do what is best for the long-term growth and success of the company as a whole," the company said in a statement.
Stores at the following locations will be closed:
- Whittier: 13003 Whittier Blvd.
- Long Beach: 450 Long Beach Blvd.
- Huntington Beach: 9051 Atlanta Blvd.
- Canyon Country (Santa Clarita): 18571 Soledad Canyon Road
- Woodland Hills: 22890 Victory Blvd.
- Moorpark: 475 West Los Angeles Ave.
- Valencia: 26850 North The Old Road
- Monrovia: 725 E. Huntington Drive
- Ontario: 1000 N. Mountain Ave.
- Chula Vista: 2310 Proctor Valley Road
- San Diego: 4421 University Ave.
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break