Los Angeles News
Second sex abuse victim comes forward after YouTube video
ALHAMBRA, Calif. (KABC) -- A second victim has come forward claiming she was molested by a former Alhambra assistant principal and Riverside teacher. The alleged abuser was confronted by another former student in a YouTube video Friday that has since gone viral.
Riverside police say the second victim came forward after the YouTube video surfaced of the first alleged victim, identified as Jamie.
Jamie accused Andrea Cardosa, an Alhambra school administrator and former Riverside teacher of sexual abuse. She said Cardosa had sexually abused her for years beginning at the age of 12.
The Riverside School District has since confirmed Cardosa was a temporary status teacher at Chemawa Middle School in Riverside.
She resigned in 1999, but the school district says they can't say why. That's around the same time Jamie says she was molested.
Jamie recorded her confrontation with Cardosa and posted it on YouTube Friday.
"I just wanted to help you," Cardosa says in the video. "How is having a sexual relationship with a 12-year-old student helping?" Jamie replies.
Cardosa resigned from her post at Alhambra High School after a meeting with school officials on Friday. She has not been charged with any crimes.
sex crimes, los angeles news
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured 18 min ago
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
8 min ago