Los Angeles News
Second sex abuse victim comes forward after YouTube video
ALHAMBRA, Calif. (KABC) -- A second victim has come forward claiming she was molested by a former Alhambra assistant principal and Riverside teacher. The alleged abuser was confronted by another former student in a YouTube video Friday that has since gone viral.
Riverside police say the second victim came forward after the YouTube video surfaced of the first alleged victim, identified as Jamie.
Jamie accused Andrea Cardosa, an Alhambra school administrator and former Riverside teacher of sexual abuse. She said Cardosa had sexually abused her for years beginning at the age of 12.
The Riverside School District has since confirmed Cardosa was a temporary status teacher at Chemawa Middle School in Riverside.
She resigned in 1999, but the school district says they can't say why. That's around the same time Jamie says she was molested.
Jamie recorded her confrontation with Cardosa and posted it on YouTube Friday.
"I just wanted to help you," Cardosa says in the video. "How is having a sexual relationship with a 12-year-old student helping?" Jamie replies.
Cardosa resigned from her post at Alhambra High School after a meeting with school officials on Friday. She has not been charged with any crimes.
sex crimes, los angeles news
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar 13 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster 4 min ago
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway 40 min ago
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments