Los Angeles News
Naked woman jumps to death from 15-story building in Beverly Hills
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (KABC) -- A naked woman jumped to her death from a 15-story building in Beverly Hills on Wednesday.
According to Beverly Hills Police Department Lt. Lincoln Hoshino, the 53-year-old died after leaping from the building in the 400 block of Camden Drive.
Hoshino said the woman had surgery at the building and had stayed overnight before heading to the roof and threatening to jump.
He said crisis negotiators spoke with the woman for several hours while authorities deployed airbags at the base of the building and closed off surrounding streets.
It was not clear what caused the woman to commit suicide, Hoshino said.
los angeles news
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat 12 min ago
- 2 LAPD officers injured in West L.A. crash
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies
- State oversight may tame California pot shops 58 min ago
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks