Calif. teen allegedly killed sister over laundry
OAKLAND, Calif. (KABC) -- Oakland police are searching for a teenager accused of killing his sister following a fight over laundry Thursday.
Mario Toliver Jr., 14, was last seen Thursday afternoon in their grandmother's apartment in Oakland's Chinatown neighborhood.
Investigators believe he shot his 17-year-old sister, Justice Toliver.
The siblings' cousin, Marianna Gaston, 22, told affiliate KGO-TV she was told the pair had been fighting because Justice had reportedly bleached some of Mario's clothes.
Family members are asking the teenager to turn himself in.
"We love you; we're hurting just like you are hurting, please do the right thing," the siblings' grandmother, Wanda Brown, said.
Police say Mario is armed and dangerous. He was described as having dark hair, brown eyes, standing around five feet, five inches tall and weighing about 140 pounds.
A $10,000 reward is being offered for information leading to his arrest.
Anyone with information regarding his whereabouts was urged to contact the Oakland Police Department at (510) 238-3821.
KGO-TV and ABC News contributed to this report.
california, shooting, homicide investigation, california news
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital 27 min ago
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd 6 min ago
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- San Dimas boat crash leaves 1 dead, 1 injured 2 min ago
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks