ABC7 Traffic Center
'Jamzilla': 405 to be closed through Sepulveda Pass Presidents Day weekend
WESTWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- 'Jamzilla,' the latest construction project on the 405 Freeway, is expected to affect traffic on Presidents Day weekend.
The 80-hour closure begins Friday night, February 14. It will start with the ramps on the northbound 405 between Getty Center Drive and Ventura Boulevard. All the northbound lanes will shut down at 1 a.m. on Saturday, February 15.
But they won't be closed the entire weekend.
"Through that area only two lanes are going to be open during the daytime and all of the lanes will be closed at night," said Metro spokesman Dave Sotero.
Not only will crews be paving, they'll finish up adding a lane to the southbound side of the freeway.
"We will be shifting the center of the freeway 20 feet," said K.N. Murthy, Metro's executive director transit project delivery. "You'll be travelling southbound and we'll be working in the median of the freeway to put the new carpool lane there."
So on the southbound side, expect one or two lanes to be closed while Caltrans does that work.
If it does happen to rain, the work will be postponed until the following weekend.
Caltrans and Metro are asking the public to stay away from the 405 Freeway between Getty Center Drive and Ventura Boulevard during Presidents Day weekend.
travel, traffic delay, road closure, westside, I-405 closure, road construction, abc7 traffic center, sid garcia
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 42 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Amber Alert issued for Long Beach boy 4 min ago
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Minnesota lawmaker apologizes for NBA tweet 3 min ago
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K 12 min ago
- Sbarro files for second bankruptcy in 3 years 17 min ago
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...