Orange County News
Bicyclist fatally struck by hit-and-run driver in Orange
ORANGE, Calif. (KABC) -- Investigators say a woman who fatally struck a bicyclist in Orange and fled the scene may have been driving drunk.
Joseph Robinson, 21, of Irvine was struck by a 2001 Toyota making an unsafe turn near Santiago Canyon Road and Loma Ridge around 7 a.m.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Sommer Gonzales, 18, of Tustin fled the scene but was later arrested in Rancho Santa Margarita for felony driving under the influence causing injuries and felony hit-and-run causing injuries.
Gonzales was scheduled to appear in a Santa Ana courtroom Monday.
hit and run, arrest, dui, orange county news
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures peds 30 min ago
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 289 missing, 7 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster 48 min ago
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident 54 min ago
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Kansas Jewish center reopens after shooting 31 min ago
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break