Ventura County News
Toddler struck, killed in school parking lot in Oxnard
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- A 2-year-old boy died Wednesday after being struck by a vehicle in the parking lot of an elementary school in Oxnard.
Authorities responded to Ansgar Larsen Elementary School at 550 Thomas Ave. at 7: 58 a.m. The toddler was rushed to the Ventura County Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead a short time later.
According to the preliminary investigation, a 2004 Mitsubishi Montero was traveling through the parking lot when it struck the toddler, who had wandered away from his mother.
The driver will not be charged, as officers believe the incident was simply a tragic accident. Police say speed, alcohol and drugs were not a factor.
accident, ventura county news
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2 5 min ago
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings 27 min ago
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage 43 min ago
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Selena Gomez films Adidas ads (Photos)