Los Angeles News
Police investigate Long Beach twins' deaths
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Long Beach Police are investigating after twin sisters were found dead in their Naples home. There was no sign of foul play but there are still plenty of questions.
The Naples home in Long Beach is as whimsical as 58-year-old twins Diana and Valerie Blackler, who lived there, according to people who knew them.
Police are trying to figure out how they both died and why. One body was found hanging in the garage.
"One of them appeared to be a suicide and the other one was found deceased inside of a bed inside of the home," said Long Beach Police Sgt. Megan Zabel.
The twins were in charge of the family planning department and women's health care at a mid-Wilshire clinic. Their employer says they were like his right hand.
"They were very caring, always smiling, always caring for the patient, advocate of the patient," said Dr. Nejet Rostami, their employer.
He says they called a month ago, saying they had to care for a sick uncle. then their message machine stopped taking calls. He couldn't get through.
Over the weekend a neighbor smelled an odor coming from the garage and called police.
Rostami speculates how it might be if one sister found the other dead.
"They were really like one, and I am not surprised if one of them had a heart attack or something, passed away, the other one also suddenly decided that she doesn't want to stay alone," Rostami said.
Toxicology tests by the coroner are pending.
long beach, los angeles news, miriam hernandez
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged 23 min ago
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour