Los Angeles News
Police investigate Long Beach twins' deaths
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Long Beach Police are investigating after twin sisters were found dead in their Naples home. There was no sign of foul play but there are still plenty of questions.
The Naples home in Long Beach is as whimsical as 58-year-old twins Diana and Valerie Blackler, who lived there, according to people who knew them.
Police are trying to figure out how they both died and why. One body was found hanging in the garage.
"One of them appeared to be a suicide and the other one was found deceased inside of a bed inside of the home," said Long Beach Police Sgt. Megan Zabel.
The twins were in charge of the family planning department and women's health care at a mid-Wilshire clinic. Their employer says they were like his right hand.
"They were very caring, always smiling, always caring for the patient, advocate of the patient," said Dr. Nejet Rostami, their employer.
He says they called a month ago, saying they had to care for a sick uncle. then their message machine stopped taking calls. He couldn't get through.
Over the weekend a neighbor smelled an odor coming from the garage and called police.
Rostami speculates how it might be if one sister found the other dead.
"They were really like one, and I am not surprised if one of them had a heart attack or something, passed away, the other one also suddenly decided that she doesn't want to stay alone," Rostami said.
Toxicology tests by the coroner are pending.
long beach, los angeles news, miriam hernandez
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Malaysia not sure which way jet was headed
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book