Los Angeles News
Rosemead attempted kidnap victim escapes; suspect sought
ROSEMEAD, Calif. (KABC) -- A woman in Rosemead was able to escape an attempted kidnapping when a man tried to grab her and pull her away.
The victim was walking in the area of San Gabriel Boulevard and Fern Avenue between midnight and 1 a.m. Tuesday when she noticed a man masturbating while standing next to a car.
The woman told police that she continued walking on Fern Avenue, and that's when the suspect began following her. The suspect then ran up to her, grabbed her and tried to pull her way.
Authorities said the victim struggled with the man and yelled for help. The suspect fled on foot, and the victim was able to escape uninjured.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic man, between 20 and 25 years old, about 5 feet 5 inches tall, weighing about 140 pounds, with dark hair. He was seen wearing black shorts and a gray shirt. His vehicle was described as a gray sedan.
If you have any information about this case, you're urged to contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Temple Station at (626) 285-7171 or Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-8477.
kidnap, los angeles county sheriff's department, los angeles news
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- LB mayoral candidate mailer wrongly shows SD
- Benjamin Netanyahu discusses Iran at LA event
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- San Clemente HS lockdown lifted after threat
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss 31 min ago
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease 43 min ago
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter
- Hot yoga: Hazardous for your health?
35 min ago