Los Angeles News
South Gate Rite Aid shooting: 1 hurt, suspect sought
SOUTH GATE, Calif. (KABC) -- One person was injured after being shot inside a Rite Aid in South Gate on Sunday. Police are searching for the gunman.
According to South Gate police, the shooting happened around 8:51 p.m. in the 9700 block of Otis Street. Police said the victim appeared to be targeted, and the shooting is possibly gang-related. No employees or innocent customers were hit, police said.
Los Angeles County Fire said the victim was taken to a nearby hospital. The injuries were not believed to be life-threatening, police said.
The suspect or suspects fled the scene. Police plan to review surveillance video to help with the case.
los angeles news
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Norwalk homicide investigation underway
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- 2 Chile earthquakes shake Pacific shoreline 41 min ago
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians