Idina Menzel to perform 'Frozen' song 'Let It Go' at Oscars
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Idina Menzel will perform "Let It Go" from the Disney animated movie "Frozen" at the Oscars, show producers announced on Tuesday.
"Let It Go" has been nominated for best original song, along with "Happy" from "Despicable Me 2," "Ordinary Love" from "Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom" and "The Moon Song" from "Her."
It will be the first time the song is performed for a global television audience, producers said in a statement. Menzel joined voice cast members Kristen Bell and Josh Gad in Beverly Hills on Sunday night for a live performance of the "Frozen" tunes.
The soundtrack for "Frozen" has topped the Billboard chart for the past several weeks, selling more than 850,000 copies.
"Frozen" is also nominated in the best animated feature film category.
Menzel won a Tony Award for her performance as Elphaba in "Wicked" and was also nominated for a Tony for her Broadway performance in "Rent."
The Oscars will air live on ABC7 from the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood on March 2.
academy awards, music news, entertainment
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Coach pleads no contest to molesting girls
- LAPD crash: Funeral services announced
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book