Inland Empire News
Riverside church employee arrested for sex with teen
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- A church employee in Riverside was arrested on Tuesday for an alleged sexual relationship with a 14-year-old girl.
Authorities say the parent of the teen alerted police on Monday after discovering that the girl was having a sexual relationship with a 37-year-old man.
After an investigation, Gionatan Ricard Almaraz was taken into custody on numerous charges related to felony sexual contact with a minor and seducing a minor via telephone/Internet.
Investigators say the Moreno Valley resident is a staff member at the Riverside Apostolic Church, where the teen is also a member. The alleged sexual assault occurred at the church, police said.
Almaraz is being held on $75,000 bail. Anyone with information is urged to call Riverside Police Detective Melissa Brazil at (951) 353-7121.
arrest, sex crimes, sexual assault, inland empire news
- Malaysian PM: Jet's disappearance deliberate
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Brush fire burns near Gorman by Quail Lake
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Man who hoarded snakes in OC home charged
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)