Matsuyama, Kiradech qualify for British Open
Thailand's Kiradech Aphibarnrat shot a 9-under 63 Friday to win a 36-hole Asia regional qualifying tournament for this year's British Open.BANGKOK -- Thailand's Kiradech Aphibarnrat shot a 9-under 63 Friday to win a 36-hole Asia regional qualifying tournament for this year's British Open.
Kiradech finished at 13-under 131 at the Amata Springs Country Club, where the top four players advanced to the July 18-21 tournament at Muirfield, the 142nd British Open.
Two-time Asia-Pacific amateur champion Hideki Matsuyama of Japan, who shared the first-round lead, shot 69 Friday to finish second, four strokes behind. Daisuke Maruyama of Japan (65) and Wu Ashun of China (68) also qualified by finishing tied for third.
Teenage amateur Guan Tianlang of China, who won the Asia-Pacific amateur championship on the same course last year and has qualified for the Masters, shot 74 Friday to finish 16 strokes behind.
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Calif. bill would ban orcas in SeaWorld shows
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos