Inland Empire News
10 West Freeway in Indio reopened after shooting
INDIO, Calif. (KABC) -- The 10 West Freeway was shut down for hours at Jefferson Street in Indio on Monday morning following a police shooting.
CHP officers responded to a traffic collision on the eastbound I-10 near Jefferson Street just before 5 a.m. A pickup truck crashed into the center rail, and the officers saw a man believed to be the driver under the overpass bridge.
"Something happened that turned it into an officer-involved shooting," said Indio police spokesman Ben Guitron.
The two officers involved in the shooting were not hurt and the suspected truck driver was taken to the hospital in unknown condition.
The Indio Police Department is investigating the shooting and the CHP is investigating the crash.
The freeway was closed due to the investigation, with traffic being diverted on and off Jefferson Street. The freeway reopened just before 3 p.m.
The City News Service contributed to this report.
shooting, freeway, inland empire news
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions 9 min ago
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- Holiday shipping deadlines quickly approaching
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- abcnews: Campus cop fatally shoots Texas student
- Riot police storm opposition offices in Ukraine 4 min ago
- American Airlines, US Airways merger complete 39 min ago
- Torre, La Russa, Cox elected to Hall of Fame
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
17 min ago