Inland Empire News
10 West Freeway in Indio reopened after shooting
INDIO, Calif. (KABC) -- The 10 West Freeway was shut down for hours at Jefferson Street in Indio on Monday morning following a police shooting.
CHP officers responded to a traffic collision on the eastbound I-10 near Jefferson Street just before 5 a.m. A pickup truck crashed into the center rail, and the officers saw a man believed to be the driver under the overpass bridge.
"Something happened that turned it into an officer-involved shooting," said Indio police spokesman Ben Guitron.
The two officers involved in the shooting were not hurt and the suspected truck driver was taken to the hospital in unknown condition.
The Indio Police Department is investigating the shooting and the CHP is investigating the crash.
The freeway was closed due to the investigation, with traffic being diverted on and off Jefferson Street. The freeway reopened just before 3 p.m.
The City News Service contributed to this report.
shooting, freeway, inland empire news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Woman assaulted near Pizza Hut in Lancaster 11 min ago
- 15-yr-old arrested after assaulting IE senior 32 min ago
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour