'Ghost' photo captured outside Cecil Hotel in downtown Los Angeles
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Cecil Hotel was once a part-time home to serial killer "The Night Stalker" and murder victim "The Black Dahlia," but it may now be home to a haunting new visitor.
An Eyewitness News viewer claims to have captured a ghostly image outside of the famous downtown Los Angeles hotel.
Koston Alderete, a Riverside boy with a love of scary films and ghost stories, took the picture, which shows a ghostly figure outside a fourth floor window. He says it looks a little too real.
"When I looked at that window, it just looked kind of creepy to me, and then I showed my friend, and he kind of freaked out. It just creeps me out still," said Alderete.
Alderete says his ghost photo has already cost him some sleep and caused him to have a nightmare.
The Cecil Hotel has had its share of suicides and bizarre deaths, including the death of a missing tourist whose body was found in a water tank on the roof of the hotel last year.
downtown, bizarre news
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- Whittier police standoff forces evacuations 28 min ago
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing 12 min ago
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)