Roger Slifer, cartoon producer, injured in Santa Monica hit-and-run
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities are searching for a hit-and-run driver who critically injured the producer of the television cartoon, "Transformers."
Roger Slifer was struck just before 1 a.m. on Saturday at the intersection of 5th Street and Colorado Avenue in Santa Monica. Witnesses said the driver struck Slifer while he was in the crosswalk.
The 57-year-old was hospitalized with fractured ribs and trauma to his head. Police said they are looking for a late 1990s or early 2000 white sedan that was last seen going north on 5th Street.
Anyone with information was asked to call Santa Monica police at (310) 458-8427.
hit and run, entertainment
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- Mansion party arrests: Teens post pics online
- Ex-con allegedly attacked 2 relatives, friend 59 min ago
- 'Button-down Bandit' arrested after pursuit 4 min ago
- 80 pot plants found growing in sign-making biz
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- 1 dead in small plane crash off Molokai, Hawaii 18 min ago
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies
- Moving while sitting can prevent back pain
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $400 million
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate
- Young patients travel from LA to 'North Pole'
43 min ago