Inland Empire News
Fontana girl shot dead at park during 16th birthday party
FONTANA, Calif. (KABC) -- Family and friends are mourning the loss of a 16-year-old girl who was shot and killed while celebrating her 16th birthday at a Fontana park.
Police found Ashley Caldera's body in Northgate Park on Saturday night, following reports of gunfire. Authorities said someone opened fire on Caldera and a group of friends.
Sunday night, loved ones returned to the park to remember the teenager.
"I want the person that did this put in jail, because they took my baby's life and I wouldn't want anybody to go through this," said Caldera's mother, Lorraine Valdez.
Police said the shooters were not acquainted with the group. The motive was under investigation.
Witnesses said the suspects were male. No arrests have been made.
san bernardino county, shooting, inland empire news
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony 26 min ago
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- OTRC: Stacy Keibler weds boyfriend Jared Pobre 17 min ago