Los Angeles News
Bicyclist struck, killed by driver in Pomona
POMONA, Calif. (KABC) -- A bicyclist was struck and killed by a vehicle early Monday morning in Pomona.
The incident happened at Valley Boulevard and Dupont Street just after midnight. Investigators originally called it a fatal hit-and-run, but they said the driver, 25-year-old William Johnson, contacted police.
Police said the bicyclist, who has not been identified, was riding eastbound on the westbound lanes on Valley Boulevard when he was hit by the driver of a white Mercedes Benz. The area is not well-lit at night.
The impact left the bicycle folded in half. The car's hood was dented and the windshield was broken.According to investigators, Johnson parked the Mercedes down the street from the accident scene and called police. He's being questioned by authorities and has not been placed under arrest.
pomona, car crash, los angeles news, melissa macbride
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Yucaipa woman arrested in husband's murder 7 min ago
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies 30 min ago
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- San Dimas boat crash leaves 1 dead, 1 injured
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks