Los Angeles News
Vin Scully Way coming soon to Los Angeles?
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles Dodgers announcer Vin Scully may soon have a street near the stadium with his name on it.
L.A. Mayor Eric Garcetti revealed his support for the name change Sunday morning on Eyewitness Newsmakers on ABC7.
"There's no honor that could be too great for Vin Scully, and I absolutely would love to rename a street for him. We'll look at a few around the stadium as a possibility," said Garcetti. "I know there's been a lot in the Twittersphere, a lot of people tweeting and Facebooking about this."
The question that prompted the discussion came in from a viewer, who happens to be Scully's daughter-in-law, asking to change Stadium Way to Vin Scully Way.
The mayor says he hopes to start working on the project in the coming weeks.
Scully recently signed on for his 65th year as the Dodgers' play-by-play announcer.
los angeles dodgers, los angeles news
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Malaysia not sure which way jet was headed
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book