Los Angeles News
Vin Scully Way coming soon to Los Angeles?
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles Dodgers announcer Vin Scully may soon have a street near the stadium with his name on it.
L.A. Mayor Eric Garcetti revealed his support for the name change Sunday morning on Eyewitness Newsmakers on ABC7.
"There's no honor that could be too great for Vin Scully, and I absolutely would love to rename a street for him. We'll look at a few around the stadium as a possibility," said Garcetti. "I know there's been a lot in the Twittersphere, a lot of people tweeting and Facebooking about this."
The question that prompted the discussion came in from a viewer, who happens to be Scully's daughter-in-law, asking to change Stadium Way to Vin Scully Way.
The mayor says he hopes to start working on the project in the coming weeks.
Scully recently signed on for his 65th year as the Dodgers' play-by-play announcer.
los angeles dodgers, los angeles news
- I-5 through Grapevine closed due to snow, ice
- Quick, cold front brings rain, chance of snow
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary 9 min ago
- Hawthorne stabbing: 1 killed, probe underway
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, dad shot
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Smartphone apps for a better night's sleep
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Brian the dog returning to 'Family Guy'?